Become more involved in your neighborhood! Dues are only $10 per person per year or you can donate more to help. All neighbors (regardless of membership) are encouraged to attend the monthly Neighborhood Meetings, which are held on the third Thursday of every month at 7:00 pm, however, only resident members of OSW, Inc. have voting privileges.
All money raised through dues and donations benefit neighborhood projects and programs throughout the year, such as:
- Annual Easter Egg Extravaganza
- Annual Picnic in the Park – Catered day of fun and music in Highland Park
- Annual Holiday Parlor Tour of Homes
- Annual “Help a Neighbor” service project
- Old Southwest News – Our regular newsletter with news, events and other useful info
- Maintenance and upkeep of the historic Alexander-Gish Community House
- Landscaping and beautification projects around the neighborhood
- Neighborhood safety initiatives including National Night Out and the OSW Neighborhood Watch program
- Social gatherings such as the monthly Food and Friends parties
- Close coordination with Local, State and Federal government to insure that OSW goals and priorities are met
HERE ARE SOME INCENTIVES TO BEING A MEMBER!
On The Edge Salon (Located on 5th Street & Marshall Ave)
$2 off Hair cut
$5 off new customers
$10 off first time hair coloring
$2 off waxing
$25 per month for unlimited tanning, 1st Tanning session free
Jefferson Center is offering a 10% discount on our tickets, and periodic buy-one-get-one opportunities for select performances.
Individual – $10
Family – $25
Senior (65+) Individual – $5
Business – $50
Click to download the application: Membership/Renewal Application
Old Southwest, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit charitable organization. All dues and donations are tax deductible. Receipts will be mailed for all donations over $50 (if requested). For amounts less than $50, please retain your cancelled check(s) for your taxes.